Friday, November 21, 2008

Knitting group and Beret pattern

I went along to the local Borders knitting group last night. They are a very friendly bunch of ladies who meet every Thursday from 6ish till the shop closes. I usually get there about once a month or so.

One of my friends mentioned she read my blog about teaching at Made but couldn't find the beret pattern I mentioned. I should have said it was in issue 1 of The Inside Loop so you have to look in the archives. The pattern is called Frances (after my daughter who is also the model). Here are a couple of picture of the beret. It is also linked on my Ravelry designer page.



One of the other ladies also asked if I was the person writing in Knitting Magazine as my name is mentioned on the front cover. I've written a third article on 'changing or adjusting' a pattern to suit you as an individual in the December issue. The previous articles where changing the style of a garment e.g. from a short sleeve jumper to a long sleeve cardigan with collar which was published in the September issue and an article on adjusting a pattern for size in the October issue.


I also have 2 patterns in the December issue, the 'Creme de Cassis bolero' and 'Magical Miser's purse'.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,
In making this beret I have come to the first set of increases where you have written:
*k1, inc, rep from * to the last st, k1 (168sts).

This doesn't seem right, since there are only 112 cast on. Do you mean k2, inc? or k1, p1, inc?

Thank you.

fidesigns said...

If you look under abbreviations it says inc - knit into the front and back of the next stitch, so on the increase round you *knit 1, knit into the front and back of the next stitch* repeat to the end of the round.

Hope that helps.

Anonymous said...

Ah great, thank you, so it'd be k1, Kfb in the terminology I know. Brill.

It's looking rather nice. Thank you for a sweet pattern. :)