Thursday, November 29, 2007

Multi-directional knitting





Some months ago I knitted this multi-directional waistcoat in a Lang Yarn. I've worn it quite a few times when teaching workshops or giving talks about knitting and have been asked for the pattern which I haven't written up yet.


I have decided to re-knit the design in Noro Silk Garden Lite before witing the pattern as Noro yarns, as well as being beautiful, are also more readily available than the Lang yarn. I thought I would log the progress of this re-knit on my blog so here is the first picture.



As you can see in the picture I've knitted the upper part of the back, divided for the back neck and started to knit the right front. I'll add another picture when I get to the short row shaping at the bottom of the right front.

3 comments:

Heather said...

I love this waistcoat - very clever, and the colour you have chosen for the new one looks great! Can't wait to see more.

fiberlicious said...

That's absolutely gorgeous. You will let folks know when the pattern's ready for sale, won't you? Please?

Anonymous said...

Thanks Lissa, I will post a message on 'modknits' when the pattern is available but it probably wont be till the New Year.