Saturday, December 01, 2007

Multidirectional waistcoat and Knit Knit


This is the next picture of the waistcoat. I finished increasing for the front neck and have started doing the short rows to turn the knitting at the bottom of the right front. The short row wedge is repeated twice in total and i have just started the second wedge.

One of the things that does irritate me about Noro yarns is that they join them in the middle of the ball and the two sections don't match. I have just knitted through one of these joins and as the colour sequence was brocken up too much I did continue knitting rather than changing to another ball. As it comes in part of the short row section where the colour sequence does break up I don't thing it shows too much!



I've also been buying knitting books again. As my City and Guilds students know I am always buying new knitting books and my latest addition to my library is Knit Knit by Sabrina Gschwandtner. I had a quick look through the book and it looks really interesting. I particularly like books that tell you a bit about other designer makers and how they work. Heather and Jo I will bring the book to class tomorrow.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

I had a ball of Noro which was completely would back to front, I had to knit 3 sleeves, shocking really at that price, and its usually got quite a bit of veg matter too. You k now I love this waistcoat to death, I think its a fabadddy de dab pattern!