Saturday, December 08, 2007

Multi-directional waistcoat first side finished



I finished the first side a couple of days ago and forgot to take a photo before starting the second front. The lower back section is joined to the upper back section as far as the centre back then the stitches are left on a spare needle.



When I started the second front I chose a ball that nearly match the point I stopped knitting when working the first side so i didn't have to loose much yarn in order to make sure the second front more or less matched the first front. In the photo I have knitted the second front down as far as part way through the short row shaping.


I should finish knitting the main body of the waistcoat by tomorrow, which just leaves the edging.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

I see the second 'vest' is progressing well then, although I do know you are shaping the front of this one more I kind of like the line of the lang one, just going to look at lang colours, I'd like to knit one of these at some point!