Saturday, April 19, 2008

Knitting Seminar

I didn't have a chance to say much about the knitting seminar which was almost 2 weeks ago now. All the ladies were very enthusiastic and very nice to me being a visiting Pom. There were 2 other tutors, one from Queensland, Trudie teaching cut and sew and one from NSW, Dianne teaching 'Beginnings and ends'.

The seminar started on the Friday evening with a BBQ and 'Make and Model' fashion show. Unfortunately due to the wet weather the BBQ was a meal inside so I still haven't had a real Aussie BBQ. Some of the garments in the make and model were very good.

Saturday dawn VERY wet, they had all April's rain in one morning! I must have brought the English weather with me!

I taught 3 sessions and in the evening we had a dinner followed by a fashion show. There were some very interesting garments and I am hoping to get some images to put on my blog at a later date.

Sunday I taught another 3 sessions and then we finished with a 'Show and Tell' session with all 3 tutors.

Overall a very enjoyable (although tiring) event.

No comments: