Saturday, April 19, 2008

Visiting the wheatbelt

After teaching workshops at a number of places in south WA my host took me to stay with her daughter in Bruce Rock to show me another type of country to the area Dave and I are visiting.
The picture below is of a salt pond near Quariading on the way to Bruce Rock. The pond on one side of the road is pink (the one in the picture) but on the other side of the road is more blue. The little white specks are salt on dead tree branches.


The next picture is just a view from the car of wheat fields or stubble as they are at the moment. I did also see quite a few sheep in some of the fields as the farmers farm wheat and sheep but all the sheep are very dirty from the dust etc. Everything is very dry as it is the end of their summer.



No comments: