Friday, January 23, 2009

I have been knitting

I was pretty busy before Christmas with work for Knitting magazine but I did manage to do some other knitting as well. I designed this cream lace scarf to be knitted in Knitting4fun Alpaca Aran yarn. It takes 1 skein of 100gms to make the scarf. I used a diamond lace and an extended diamond (pillar lace) lace pattern which work well together. In the last repeat of the pillar lace pattern I made a slit in the scarf so the other end of the scarf could be threaded through it. I just need to write the pattern for it now.

The next 2 scarves I knitted as Christmas presents (so I couldn't post this before Christmas - at least that's my excuse for not writting anything for agaes again). The taupe coloured scarf (described as burgandy by the yarn company) is knitted in Rosarios4 Silk4milk which has been naturally dyed. Silk4milk is 60% milk fibre, 30% silk and 10% cashmere and it is a lovely yarn to knit with. I used the fern lace pattern and in order to make sure the scalloped edges matched I knitted the scarf in 2 halves. I knitted the section arounf the neck in k2, p2 rib to make it thicker and warmer.

This 3rd scarf is knitted in Adriafil Carezza which is a 70%angora yarn and again feels lovely to knit. It didn't seem to shed to much either. I used the horseshoe print lace pattern for this scarf but knitted it from the same principles as the Silk4milk scarf.
When I have a few spare minutes I will get down to writting the patterns for these 3 scarves.


2 comments:

Angels & Sparkles said...

Hi Fiona,
I got my C&G module 1 back today thanks.Those scarfs are lovely. Will the patterns be for a magazine? Where do you find the time to get so much done what with the work you do for knitting magazine, and the C&G tutoring etc?!
Best wishes,
Kelly.

fidesigns said...

Hi Kelly,
Thanks for letting me know the module arrived OK. The scarves aren't for a magazine, I will be publishing them myself when I get around to it.

Thanks for your nice comment.
Fiona