Sunday, November 19, 2006

Knitting shops


I thought I would also keep a record of the vaious knitting shops I visit as I am being asked to teach workshops for different wool shops.

The first shop is Alton Knitting and Woolcraft. Earlier this year they moved to new larger premises next door to Alton Sewing Centre in Alton, Hampshire. The shop has a good range of yarns from basics to Rowan yarns and some more expensive yarns e.g. Noro and Gadifra.

As you can see from the photo the shop is well laid out with a table to work at if you want to knit or need help with your knitting. The shop also has knitting books and magazines.

The shop staff are very friendly and helpful. The manager, Marion also happens to be taking the City and Guilds 7922 course in Hand Knit Textiles. The shop runs a knitting circle on alternate Tuesday nights.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Fiona-congratulations on starting your blog.
I lived very near Alton back in 1975 when i first arrived in England from Oz. In a place called East Tisted.
Bit far for me to visit the yarn shop!