Tuesday, November 28, 2006

My 'Eight Great' almost there!

I have more or less chosen the eight fabrics I am going to submit for the first project although a couple still need a bit of work and none of them are mounted or presented in any way yet, but here is a taste of what I have been doing.



The black and white patchwork piece was hand knitted and then felted. The black and white striped and Fair Isle pieces where machine knitted and felted. The top right black and white piece was machine knitted on the double bed with needles out of work and a feather yarn woven through the ladders. This sample needs a bit more work with an alternative colour and/or yarn threaded through the other gaps. The middle left piece is a combination of ladders cables and transfer stitches on the knitting machine and the lower left sample is 3 variations of the fabric and knitting idea.

I'm supposed to be starting work on my next project which is colour so will let you know how I am getting on.

No comments: