Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Taken the plunge

I've been thinking about writing a blog for some time and have finally taken the plunge. Never having kept a diary this is all new but hopefully enjoyable.

I also hope this blog will help me keep track of my various knitting and textile project, of which there are many! I am also taking an HNC course in Stitched Textiles and will record my progress here.

I am the only knitter on the course. Most of the other students work mainly in embroidery and patchwork and quilting although some of them do knit as well. The course is a progression from the City and Guilds Design and Craft Diploma i.e. theC&G 7923 Diploma in Embroidery but the tutor is very open to all textile crafts.

We are currently working on 'eight great textiles' inspired by a mood board we created in the first class. When I have worked out how to post photos I'll upload some pictures of the work so far.

1 comment:

Knittabhavana said...

Really looking forward to seeing the HNC work, Fiona. Your design work is always an inspiration!